Breaking News – How to Break Microsoft Word 2000!

Ever tried to exam Microsoft Word? Ever tried to suspension it or crash it! When I enquire this, I am non talking close testers who move for Microsoft as well as mightiness accept had a direct a opportunity to exam it for Microsoft. Well, I accept tested it earlier as well as at that topographic point were times when I had works life around shaver glitches inwards the application. But I was never able to crash it or suspension it.

But this fourth dimension around, I intend I could crash (break!) it! So oft nosotros listen that "A tester should accept a exam to suspension attitude!" But I don't completely concord to this statement. Testers don't suspension software. In fact, the software is already broken (by the programmer!). Testers simply discovery the house where it is broken as well as written report it.

However, I got this exam regard piece I was testing an application from the suite of tools, which I exam inwards my workplace! I got a crash at that topographic point inwards that application piece using this exam idea. As that application is really much like to Microsoft Word, I regard of testing Word alongside like exam ideas as well as encounter the result. While testing, I got at to the lowest degree three weird behaviours as well as a crash inwards Microsoft Word. I volition endeavor to document my findings (test results) inwards the paragraphs that follow.

Testing Mission: To endeavor as well as crash (break!) Microsoft Word 2000, past times using the next exam ideas.

Procedures I followed piece Testing:
A) Test Steps – I opened MS Word 2000. Then keyed inwards around text (my exam information was: “This is a test.” You may purpose your ain exam data). I kept entering the text until the get-go delineate of piece of employment was close to larn filled up! Then I tried to come inwards around spaces past times using the spacebar. In fact, I held downwards the spacebar. Hey facial expression a minute! Where this freaky cursor is going?
Actual Result – The cursor went into the right-side margin area! Here is a Testing Google – Boundary Value Exploration!
Yet around other Bug inwards Google Suggest!
Bug inwards Yahoo Mail Beta!
Could this hold upwardly a Bug alongside IE7 as well as Mozilla Firefox2?

Update: After getting “Microsoft Word (Not Responding)”, I kept inserting the spaces as well as oops. I could non encounter whatever text anymore! MS Word was blank without whatever text as well as was non-respondent. It could non recover from it as well as I had to closed it from Window's Task Manager!

More interesting articles here :Tutorial Software
Sumber : http://www.softwaretestingtricks.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post