Test Automation Traps - Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 tool amongst a fool is nevertheless a tool!

Ayesha asks: “I am novel to testing. I receive got been working as a tester for past times three months. I desire to receive got my career a few steps forward. So I am planning to deed into exam automation. Which tools would you lot advise me to larn then that I could deed into exam automation?”

Pranab asks: “I receive got been working inward BPO for past times ii together with one-half years. I am real much interested inward software testing. So I receive got taken upwardly a three months course of written report inward software testing. I receive got learned QTP together with LoadRunner. Will this assist me inward getting a labor as a tester?”

Yogesh asks: “I am a BE (Computer Science) fresher (2007 passout). I receive got a cousin who is a tester. So I am interested to kickoff a career as a software tester. Which automation tools would you lot recommend me to larn for this purpose?”

John asks: “I receive got been inward software testing champaign for to a greater extent than than three years now. I receive got been doing to a greater extent than oftentimes than non manual testing during these menstruum of time. I cry upwardly I receive got made a error as far as my career is concerned. Most of my tester friends are into exam automation already. I experience similar existence left out. So I also desire to deed into exam automation soon. Can u guide me inward choosing which automation tool to kickoff with?”

[Note: All the names mentioned higher upwardly receive got been changed for obvious reasons.]

These are few testing FAQs that I come upwardly across from fourth dimension to time. The affair that is mutual inward all the higher upwardly questions is “test automation”. Sometimes I wonder how easily people (leave lonely testers; managers, executives together with clients are also every bit susceptible) autumn into the exam automation trap!

Test Automation Trap!
I receive got seen many Testers falling into the trap past times believing that knowing a distich of tools tin post away assist their testing career together with tin post away fetch them a improve testing job. Ironically most of them don’t larn exam automation tools to construct their testing skills. Rather they larn it because the other tester sitting inward the adjacent cubicle is also learning it. They larn it then that they tin post away add together 1 to a greater extent than plume (!) to their resume. They larn it because they tin post away exercise it as a addition indicate (!) inward their adjacent appraisal meeting. I don’t blame the testers here. They oftentimes autumn prey to the increasing demand from the recruiters, release of preparation institutes who claim to give high degree preparation on automation tools, together with sometimes the expectations from their managers together with clients!

Some Managers who autumn into the automation trap, cry upwardly that using exam automation tool would give them confidence spell the production is existence delivered. They tend to acquire carried away past times the claims past times the tool venders boasting the effectiveness of their tools. They are made to believe that past times adopting exam automation they tin post away receive got exam executions faster together with to a greater extent than accurately as computers are afterward all faster than human brain! Can’t cry upwardly of a worst scenario? I receive got seen Test Managers using tools to print their clients! They receive got pride inward showing their squad of Automation Engineers together with the License of automation tools that they receive got to the client! But I don’t blame the managers together with executives for this. They are oftentimes misguided past times the tool vendors together with are shown a incorrect motion painting virtually the mightiness together with capability of testing tools.

Clients falling into the trap, catch automation tools as something that tin post away improve the lineament together with reliability of their production inward a big way. Because automation tools are afterward all software products together with software is e'er improve than manual run [that is the argue why he (the client) has come upwardly to acquire his production developed – to avoid mundane manual work]!

If you lot are non careful, it’s quite slow to autumn into these traps. These traps oftentimes Pb to roughly myths together with misconceptions virtually exam automation, which James Bach calls as "reckless assumptions" inward his first-class article titled
A fool alongside a tool is all the same a fool!” Isn’t it amazing that fifty-fifty if nosotros opposite the lodge of the words (A tool alongside a fool is all the same a tool!), the pregnant of the message all the same remains almost the same? Hence if a tool is left to endure used past times a fool, nosotros should non facial expression much out of it! Knowing a few GUI or Performance Automation tools is the easier part. To apply the tool successfully to automate the testing endeavor needs skills. And I believe that learning together with becoming skilled inward manual (be it scripted or exploratory) testing should endure a starting indicate earlier going for exam automation. Or else nosotros would detect ourselves jumbled upwardly betwixt "tools" together with "fools" jeopardy!

Happy Testing…

More interesting articles here :Tutorial Software
Sumber : http://www.softwaretestingtricks.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post