Bug inwards Yahoo Mail Beta!

Once i time again I am dorsum alongside yet some other Bug! And this fourth dimension the application is Yahoo! Mail Beta. As the lift suggests, this is yet inwards Beta loose phase. So a pair of bugs are expected inwards the software. Any way, nosotros are good aware of the fact that many professional person softwares are released alongside many un-handled opened upwards bugs. And this is subsequently all a Beta release.

How ever, earlier coming to the põrnikas inwards detail, I must tell you lot that I stimulate got upgraded to Yahoo Mail Beta recently. The thought behind the up-gradation was driven yesteryear 2 major impulses.

1. First, to human face for whatever põrnikas that mightiness (must!) stimulate got got passed through the testing phase. I ever relish finding bugs alongside professional person softwares. This boosts my confidence equally a tester. Finding the
JavaScript põrnikas inwards Google Suggest too Bug alongside IE7 too Mozilla Firefox2 was outcome of a similar attempt.

2. Second, to cheque the novel human face too experience of Yahoo Mail Beta. As a full general user, I was curious virtually the software’s novel features. But equally a tester, I was to a greater extent than interested inwards checking the novel features of the application. While upgrading I was told virtually many novel cool features. I was especially interested to run across the drag-and-drop too tabbed browsing “features” (did you lot listen “bugs”?). I seem to stimulate got developed a work alongside my hearing since I stimulate got started my career equally a software tester! Whenever individual says “features” it sounds similar “bugs” to my ears. :)

My commencement reaction subsequently the up-gradation was over was “wow, cool tool”! In fact, Yahoo Mail Beta is lot to a greater extent than powerful too characteristic rich equally compared to the older version. The tabbed browsing is a powerful tool, which allows the user to opened upwards multiple mails nether unlike tabs nether the same window. But things larn clumsy subsequently you lot opened upwards a handful of mails nether multiple tabs. Try to opened upwards approximately 8-10 mails inwards tabs, too you lot volition sympathise what I am trying to tell!

Next cool characteristic is the powerfulness to drag too drib mails into unlike folders. I could select multiple mails yesteryear belongings downward key too could drib them into unlike folders. And this characteristic looked flawless. Then I thought of dragging too dropping folders into some other folders. This was an interesting bear witness idea, equally this would hateful creating sub-folders nether psyche folders (Considering the fact that Yahoo Mail Beta does non allow us to practise sub-folders). For this I created few custom folders, equally I didn’t desire to mess upwards alongside the default folders (like Inbox, Drafts, Sent etc.). But interestingly, Yahoo Mail Beta did non allow me to drag too drib a folder into some other folder too the bear witness instance passed!

But sometimes passing of a bear witness instance may atomic number 82 to revelation of a related bug. And just that happened inwards this case. As I was testing the drag too drib characteristic alongside folders, I got this bug. This is an first-class instance where I could select lead maintain of a põrnikas using “exploratory testing”. I am non certain if I could stimulate got caught the same põrnikas using “scripted testing” though.

Prerequisites:
You must stimulate got upgraded to Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log on to Yahoo Mail Beta alongside your existing Yahoo post service Id too Password.

2. Click on whatever folder (Inbox, Draft, Sent etc) inwards the left-most pane, concord downward your left mouse push too drag it till the championship bar of your browser [must endure something like: ("xyz" unread) Yahoo Mail Beta, "Your Yahoo Id" - Windows Internet Explorer] too loose your mouse button.

3. Now motion your mouse pointer.

My Observation:
You would notice that the mouse pointer is showing the folder lift alongside a RED cross symbol. Please refer attached screenshots. The mouse pointer was non captured spell taking the screenshots though (Could this endure a põrnikas alongside Microsoft :), which does non allow us to stimulate got the screenshot of the mouse pointer too cursor). So you lot volition run across the folder lift only.

Reproducibility:
Easily reproducible.
Once
Once
When I tried to drill downward this põrnikas farther I noticed that clicking on a folder (say Inbox) too dragging too dropping some other folder (say Draft) till the championship bar, results inwards the mouse pointer getting associated alongside the commencement folder lift (i.e. Inbox). Try it yourself.

I would endure glad to run across you lot trying it yourself too run across if you lot tin reproduce this or not. In the procedure if you lot larn whatever to a greater extent than interesting properties of the bug, practise allow me know through Comments. In the meanwhile, I volition seek to bear witness other features of Yahoo Mail Beta. If I am able to honour whatever to a greater extent than bugs/glitches I volition spider web log virtually them inwards future.

Happy Testing …
Update: You tin stance the enlarged versions of the screenshots yesteryear clicking here too here. (Allow the pages to download fully. Then click on the ikon to ZOOM!)

More interesting articles here :Tutorial Software
Sumber : http://www.softwaretestingtricks.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post